Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Morgan has Henna!

Morgan went to her friend's birthday party the other day and they went to play at a park near the mountains and of course ate sweets; probably lots of sweets! When we went to go and pick her up we thought maybe she had gotten a hold of a marker of some sort and then as we looked closer, realized she had henna done!

As a reminder to those who are not familiar with henna; its a mixture of some chemicals that women use to draw designs on their hands and feet (reminds me of getting a pedicure or manicure in the States) when celebrating a special occasion. Some women get henna done just for fun as well! And at this birthday party, the mother of the birthday girls (twins, age 4) invited a few friends to do henna on the little girls. Its really cute on Morgan! (although she didn't know how to "wash it off" the next day because it usually stays on for about 1-2 weeks). But just thought we'd share yet another fun cultural experience!

Morgan was proud of her henna!


Come visit us and we'll take you to get henna too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the henna Morgan! She is such a big girl now! How fun that at such a young age she gets to experience these things! She is so cultured!

The Petty's said...

Boy, I was getting afraid her hands would look like lace....Flowers are good. Such a great experience.

Gill08 said...

Liz! She is SO stinkin' cute!!! I hope you guys are doing well. I've been SO bad at updating my blog. I'm hoping I can find some time once I start getting friday's off in May. I have TONS to catch up on.

Jeni said...

That's so cool!!! I love it!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

lol.......she is so precious!