
We celebrated Randall's 30th Birthday yesterday 12/12/2011. It was kindof an all weekend long celebration as we started on Friday the 9th when we were at our House Group. Randall's favorite cake is "Better Then Almost Anything Cake" (although there are many different titles to this cake!!!)... so on our last road trip, we were able to find toffee candy a.k.a. heath bar wannabe candy at IKEA... and the rest of the ingredients I was able to find here on the island.

The actual day of the 9th was Abby's 7th Birthday, so we did a dual celebration! We like to think that each of the candles represents the #10 to equal 30!!!

But the night before Randall's actual birthday, the kids and I got to work in the kitchen while Daddy was at work...

One of Randall's favorite breakfast foods is blueberry muffins... but I totally forgot to look for mix at the store, so I got creative. I took a bag of frozen berries from the freezer and made Berry and Oat Muffins as a substitute... pretty healthy (for muffins); had flaxseed, wheat flour and berries in the mix. Micah's job was to help pour the dry ingredients as well as line the muffin pan with liners! He and Morgan were my Big helpers!!!
Here's the final product!! They were yummy!!!

Birthday Breakfast is served!!! I ended up going out later the night before and bought blueberry muffin mix with the fear that the Birthday Boy might not like the substitute muffins...
Better to play it safe!!! But He liked both kinds!! (Thankfully I married a man who is not picky!!)

And to top off Randall's birthday, our friends took care of the kids while we went out to one of Randall's favorite restaurants: Chili's

We continued our date night back in our own living room where we had rented State of Play(which by the way we recommend to all those who have not see it; great movie!).

Happy 30th Birthday Randall!!! We Love You!


3 comments:
As I told Liz,we've known your family for 7 years now. You were just a babe then. Happy birthday to a very cool guy. I love seeing these pictures. 30 isn't so bad. Continue to "SHINE" in your part of the world.
Happy Birthday!!! Glad you had a great time celebrating!! Hope this year is your best one yet!!
Looks like yall had a blast! I love that Morgan and Micah helped make Randall's birthday treat!!
love yall!
Post a Comment