Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Traveling...

I (Liz) recently traveled to Lebanon (without Randall and the kids) for business related things and it was such a great 3 1/2 days spent there. I had never traveled to Lebanon before and as we started descending, I opened the shutter to my window and this is the Amazing view I saw:

We then ate dinner at a really cool restaurant where the view was overlooking the city: 

And even though we sat in various meetings throughout the day, this was our incredible view we had when walking outside on the balcony:

I was able to "sneak" away during an afternoon with a new friend and we explored further into the city, shopped and enjoyed the scenery. The traffic was probably some of the craziest traffic I had ever been in (thankfully, I never had to drive). And it was so fun using my Arabic to get us around in a taxi (Praise the Lord! My Arabic was understood in a different country and we were able to communicate clearly, even though the dialects were very different!)


We then said our Goodbyes... but caught one more glimpse of this amazing country! It was a really good time away and I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to travel around this part of the world. I did have yet another sweet homecoming reunion with Randall and the kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool you got to go! Now you've been there and I haven't yet! Glad it was a good time!

Jeni said...

It's beautiful! I love the mountains and the trees! This is one place I look forward to seeing some day!