Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Update...

I can't believe I have allowed almost an entire month go by without posting pics or sharing a story!!!

Well... We're finishing up the 4th week of homeschool & so far, so good! There are definitely challenges in wearing the Mom hat & the Teacher hat at the same time... And I think my Kindergartener is too smart for her own good! Maybe she just needs to be challenged more... Still trying to find the right balance for teaching the material we have but also keeping Morgan engaged into the lessons... Any homeschool Moms or Teachers out there have any suggestions?

Micah is doing well! I have included him on some of the homeschool but his attention span is still growing :)

The pics posted are of the kids playing in our yard, at the park, busy during homeschool & Morgan holding a newborn baby (a local friend of mine).

Trying to post from this blogger app... From my phone.. Will see how it turns out :) I plan to post a funny video soon... Keep checking back! It just takes more effort to get on the Internet on our computer these days... Gotta love Internet in the Desert :)









3 comments:

Rachel said...

Don't worry, the homeschool thing will take time. Try setting up some stations for Morgan to do on her own that will challenge her. Also, there are many things on the computer these days that can help teach along with the topic she is learning. I love Starfall and used it a lot in my classroom. Keep up the great work, I know you are doing awesome!

Is that Huda's baby girl?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy! Homeschooling is a challenge but I know you can challenge Morgan, you're smart too! Micah is cute as ever and growing up too fast. Morgan looks more grown up and pretty as ever! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Liz, so happy to see a post when I got on my reader tonight. I was afraid I had missed lots since I've not looked in a couple of weeks, but I was ?happy? to read you had not posted in a while!! I hadn't missed out after all!
Always love to see the kids and their happy faces!
Don't let yourself be worried over home schooling. It took us a good two months when we started before I even felt comfortable with the whole thing. And we had lots of tears and HARD days! It's never been as challenging as it was when we started.
So as far as I can tell, you're on the same track and experiencing NORMAL stuff. I've had to stop often, go outside and breathe, and remind myself that it's not the lessons that are so important, it's my girls and their hearts, my relationship with them, and OUR walk with the Lord that we are doing together, EVERY DAY. That's what counts for me. And usually at the end of each day, I am able to reflect back and see that what we are doing is preparing for heaven. And that brings thanks to my lips and peace to my heart. I love that you are and will be sharing those same joys with your family!