Sunday, September 01, 2013

Greece and All of its Greek-ness!

Yes! Below was our view for the past week! We were blessed to be able to get out of the Gulf and travel to Greece. It was a wonderful week of R&R, Fellowship and Family Time!

Our journey started with a 5 hour flight... and the kids are traveling pros by now! They loved being able to control the movies/tv shows on the airplane. And Micah especially got excited when he got to choose his own beverage when the lady came by! 

We were able to do some site seeing as well and Micah was overwhelmed with the Big Boats that kept coming near us... Apparently taking a Ferry across the water is a pretty common mode of transportation  in Greece. 


Here's a cute picture of our tan-beach girl! Morgan soaks up the sun and loved "living" in her swimsuit for a week!

 During the week, we were able to have a date night out! We dined outside of a nearby village where the family owners only served food they grow in their garden/farm. Authentic Greek food is so delicious! And the view wasn't "half" bad either! :)

We then were treated to A Greek Folk Dance by some wonderful dancers! (I must say this reminded me of the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding... a favorite in my family... esp as the dancers yelled 
"O-Pah!" in between some of the kicks!) 

BEACH TIME!!!
And these 2 were READY!


Our view was breath-taking! Nothing beats the beach alongside the mountains!

My sweet boys in their matching shorts!

And I guess purple was the color for the girls!!

Sweet Smiles!

A few pics that helped to capture Greece and all of its Greek-ness!
(palm trees & greek statues everywhere; gyro sandwiches.. YUM!)



And just for fun... A Funny Family Photo!

Stay tuned as I'll be posting pics of homeschool soon... we are well into the 2nd week of 1st Grade and Pre-K!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay! I just posted on FB that I wanted to see some pictures then I checked your blog. Greece is so pretty! I loved your black dress for the date night! I can't wait to hear more about the trip. Love you guys! Oh and look forward to hearing how homeschooling goes!