Here's the story of the day that Grammy and G-Paw (Randall's parents) arrived for their first visit to see us:
We started our morning out by driving 25 mins away to complete our first 1/2 of our border run (we have to do this every 30 days due to our visa), then dropped Morgan and Micah off at their day care. We then finished the last bit of moving into our new home, and started cleaning. Then we picked the kids up from the nursery and brought them back to the new place with the hopes they would nap before driving to the airport later that afternoon.
Unfortunately our plan did not work as the kids were really excited about the new house and anticipating the visit with their Grandparents. So they played while we finished setting up the house. We the rushed off to complete the second 1/2 of our border run, drove to the big City and on the way, this is what we saw in the back seat...

Poor kids... so exhausted from all the excitement of the day (thus far), little did they know the best part was yet to come!
We grabbed a bite to eat at the new Wendy's/Arby's in a mall nearby the airport (Yeah for Frosties! First one in over a year!) We then arrived to the airport and waited...

As we waited, the kids discovered that there were little ball looking things in the fake plants, so what next? They dug them out and threw them everywhere! (entertaining the other people who were waiting for their family to arrive as well)

We waited some more... As you can see Micah was ready to jump the wall!
Then we spotted Grammy and G-Paw! We let both kids over the wall and...

Everyone hugged, teared up... It was a great moment! (A whole year has passed as we have been waiting for this moment). Last time Grammy and G-Paw saw the kids Morgan was 2 y/o
Micah was 5 1/2 mos; (now they are 3 y/o and 17 mos)

Happy Grammy and and Happy Morgan!

Happy G-Paw and Happy Micah!
And the last 24 hrs the kids have barely left their Grandparent's sides, esp Morgan (who remembers them the most). Enjoying every minute of our time with family and will share more pictures as our visit with them continues... Stay posted!
3 comments:
I am jealous....Sorry... makes my heart swell with pride. Enjoy your time. We leave for WC in 4 days.... Remember us next week. 27 going...
I dont know...I would say it could be a toss up between who is not leaving whose side on this one.
love you guys.
Love it!! Thanks so much for sharing!! I wish I was there with them but I know that if I would of been there then I would not of gotten my house. This only brings tears of happiness to me because I know both mom and dad and you guys have been longing to see each other!!
Love yall and miss yall bunches!!
Post a Comment