As we (Randall and Liz) think about our childhood, we remember the fun activities we used to be involved in, like soccer, girl scouts (Liz), t-ball, pee-wee football, etc and then we think, "How are our kids going to have a "normal" childhood like us, while living in the Middle East???"
We soon realized that its all about the connections you have with people here... This semester we met some other Texans who are studying language in our city and come to find out, she's a dancer! What a connection Morgan and her have made as Morgan has really grown a love for dancing (not sure where she gets it.. haha)
So our friend has decided to start teaching ballet classes to Morgan and 3 other 3-4 y/o girls on the weekends and last weekend was their first class.... take a look at the pics...

Here's Morgan right before class..

And again, doing her "dance posses" for us!

She's already a natural as she has been walking on her tippy toes since she was 1 y/o!
And here's the class (well, minus 1 of the girls) during their snack time. What a blessing for us to have a group of families in our city with kids the same age.
Super cute! Ballet has been the "topic" of discussion this week and the question we hear everyday from Morgan is, "When is my next ballet class?" and "I can't wait til I get bigger and then I will be a real ballerina!"
What a praise for Morgan to have this opportunity to be involved in an activity she loves! We will continue to keep you updated with more pics!
7 comments:
I don't know if you see my original post or not, so I'll redo it.
Morgan, what a doll you are! I sure miss you! Have fun with your ballet class and send pictures often. You make a cute ballerina. I love looking at your pictures. Love you so much! Liz
That is so cute that she is taking lessons!! How fun for her! She looks so cool in her outfit!!
What a beautiful Ballerina!! It looks like you are having fun with your friends. Love and miss you all.
XOXO
Grammy
Oh I love our little ballerina!!!! She is looking so grown up! Morgan- I can't wait for you to show me some of your dancing!!!
Miss Morgan,
You look just like the princess' that you like so much. You are beautiful and will be dancing a ballet very soon. Keep up the good, hard work.
Love,
Miss Joyce
P.S. Keep Micah out of the snacks.
Morgan you look beautiful as a Ballerina!! I also took ballet classes when I was your age! Have so much fun!
Love you!!
Post a Comment