Randall did it! As you can tell from the pics, he participated and competed in his first triatholon ever! We are so proud of him! The events consisted of a 300 meter swim, a 12 mile bike ride, and then a 3 mile run. It was a long morning as we started at 5:00 AM, but was worth every minute of it!


Next, we're hoping to participate in a diatholon where Randall and I will be a co-ed team and I will run 2 miles, then Randall will bike 19.5 miles and then I will finish up with 2 more miles. This event is scheduled in late September. More pics to come!
And to top it all off, Randall won 2nd place in his division! Yeah!

Randall's biggest fans!

5 comments:
and to top it all off we get to see pictures of Randall in spandex!!! Congrats!
Way to go Randall! Hopefully by the time we leave orientation we will be in shape too! As of right now we are still huffing and puffing getting over the hills out here in Virginia!
I am so proud of you. you give me incentive to do keep going to reach my goal.
allison strayer
Congrats on doing the "tri", I'm definately impressed!
Congrats on your first Triathlon Randall - I have been doing tri's for a year now and they are great. Once you get that first one under your belt you get hooked, so watch out.
I am actually training for a olympic triathlon in Kona, HI in April of 2008 with Team In Training of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. It is a great organization and super cause that I train for. You can find out more at my website http://www.active.com/donate/tntntx/MHarper
While you can donate there, it has more than just that on the page. Then I am training for a half iron in May or June.
Glad to hear that yall are doing great and very precious pictures on the site. Very awesome.
Mike Harper
Post a Comment